REALTORS® – They are the Community Experts
Choosing to work with a real estate agent could be the most crucial element of the home buying and selling experience. This is where it is important to realize the difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR®. While an agent is simply licensed by their state to do business, a REALTOR® is a trained professional that has taken pre-licensing courses to obtain a license and has continued to take additional continuing education courses to upgrade their knowledge. They have agreed to act under and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics. This membership obligates them to be fair to all parties involved in a transaction.
- A REALTOR® is a professional who knows all that needs to be done. When you are selling your home, an agent who knows the local market can help you set a fair market price. You want to get the most for your home, but overpricing it can prolong the time it sits on the market, making it even more difficult to sell.
- A recent survey of homebuyers and sellers found that the home price for sellers that use a REALTOR® is 16 percent higher than those who don’t.*
- Most of the homes sold in South Carolina are sold by members of the South Carolina Association of REALTORS®.
- A REALTOR® can help you show your home to potential buyers to its best advantage. They will advise prospects of all aspects and conditions of your home and can protect you from later objections.
- A REALTOR® can also help you with the home-buying process. Buying a home can be financially intimidating, but an agent can help you determine how much home you can afford and show you some financing methods. The goal of home ownership remains one of the most commonly shared ones, and an agent can show you how to make it achievable.
- A REALTOR® is familiar with all the local and current real estate values, taxes, costs and services that could affect your purchase. Your REALTOR® can show you the home best suited to your needs, and can also suggest simple changes that could make a home a good choice. It helps to have someone both objective and knowledgeable when looking for a home to buy!
- When buying or selling a home, there are a lot of details that can overwhelm you or be forgotten. Using a REALTOR® is the best way to be sure that you have someone on your side to get you the best deal and see that everyone is satisfied.
* Survey by the National Association of REALTORS®